Alcohol deliveries training with AGLC – Contest – Official Rules
Important: These rules include provisions that limit our liability and that may require that any dispute related to this contest be resolved individually by way of arbitration and not by way of class action or court proceeding. See paragraph 8 for more information.
1. Contest Sponsor. This contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by SkipTheDishes Restaurant Services Inc., 410-242 Hargrave Street, Winnipeg, MB R3C 0T8 (referred to as “we”, “our”, “us”, “Skip”, or “SkipTheDishes” in these rules).
To enter the draw, you must be a Courier in the province of Alberta and attend a 45 minute training/information session aiming to help improve ID verification compliance (the “Training Entry”). The Training session will be hosted by ALGC and will cover ProServe, ProServe violations, Minors & liquor service, Under 25 policy, primary and secondary identification. The training session will take place on the following date/s: [June 26 – July 28].
The Training is only directed to Courier who either have status as an active courier on the SkipTheDishes network or who have had that status within the preceding 12 weeks (“Courier Entrants”). Courier entrants must meet these requirements on the day before the Contest Period starts.
3. Entry. No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
To enter the draw, you need to meet the eligibility criteria set forth in paragraph 2 and to attend the Training session described in the same.
As an alternative, if you meet the aforementioned eligibility criteria, to enter the draw you can:
(ii) handwrite (1) your name, (2) your complete mailing address, (3) your email address, (4) a statement confirming whether you are of the age of majority in the province where you live, and (5) Question about skip], in the jot form.”. Each piece of paper that we receive in compliance with the requirements of this Section 4 and the rest of these rules constitutes a “Mail-in Entry”. Mail-in Entries and Order Entries each count as one Entry.
4. Entry Limit. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person, regardless of the entry method. After we receive one (1) Entry from an Entrant, we will disqualify any further Entries that we receive from the same person, without notice. We reserve the right to further disqualify any Entries at all from any person who exceeds the Entry limit, if we determine that it is necessary to do so to enforce the Entry limit (for example, to stop entrants who try to evade the measures we use to detect Entry limit violations).
5. Contest Period. The Contest is open from [June 26 until [July 29] p.m. PST (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by us during the Contest Period.
6. Selection of Winners. On August 1, 2023 (noon) EST, at 351 King St. E in Toronto, we will select the Contest winners, as follows:
a. Selection: We will randomly select 20 Entries from among all Entries;
b. Notification and confirmation of winners. We will contact each selected entrant at the email address or telephone number indicated in their Entry and ask them to solve a mathematical skill-testing question. Entrants might also be required to return a signed declaration of eligibility including a liability and publicity release (a “Declaration and Release”). Each selected entrant who successfully solves the skill-testing question, returns the signed Declaration and Release (if required by us) and has properly complied with these rules, will be declared a winner (a “Winner”).
If we do not receive a response from a selected entrant that includes a correct answer to the skill-testing question and a signed Declaration and Release (if required by us), within five (5) days from our first attempt at contacting them, we may disqualify the applicable Selected Entry and draw a new Entry to replace it, repeating this process as needed until we have finally declared as Winners a total of 20 entrants. We are not required to attempt to contact more than two (2) Entrants for each prize to be awarded, so the total number of Winners that we declare may be less than this.
7. Prizes. Each Winner will receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
The chances of winning depend on the total number of Entries that we receive. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted by Winners, but we reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in our sole discretion.
Winners are subject to and must comply with applicable law and with all applicable terms, conditions, rules, regulations, and policies applicable to the use of their prize, as further set out in the additional terms applicable to each prize that are set by the commercial provider of that prize. We do not provide and are not responsible for the products and services provided as part of any prizes. Except to the extent required by applicable law, we make no express or implied conditions or warranties of any kind with respect to any prize, including any goods or services purchased through use of a gift card. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we make no express or implied warranties as to the safety, or performance, of any services purchased through the use of any prize.
9. Errors and Malfunctions. Neither SkipTheDishes nor any of our affiliates (collectively “Just Eat Takeaway.com” or “JET”) are responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any Internet connection, computer systems, networks, servers, software, hardware, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, nor for any delays or disruptions or anything else that prevents us from receiving an Entry within the time period required by these rules. JET is not liable to any person for any loss whatsoever (including but not limited to any failure to receive a prize) which results wholly or in part from any erroneous or misleading contact or identity information provided to us in a SkipTheDishes account or an Entry or from any purported transfer of or change made to a SkipTheDishes account. You must comply with our Terms of Service and take adequate precautions to preserve the security of your account at all times.10. Third Party Release. This Contest is in no way conducted, sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any social media service on which it may be promoted, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. By entering this Contest, you completely release Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (solely if and to the extent that this Contest is promoted on such platforms), from all claims based on, relating to, or arising from this Contest and any other liability whatsoever in connection with this Contest.