Skip Express Lane Deliver To Win Edmonton Contest – Official Rules
Important: Only couriers on the Skip network may enter this contest. These rules include provisions that limit our liability and that may require that any dispute related to this contest be resolved individually by way of arbitration and not by way of class action or court proceeding. See paragraph 8 for more information.
1. Contest Sponsor. This contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by SkipTheDishes Restaurant Services Inc., 410-242 Hargrave Street, Winnipeg, MB R3C 0T8 (referred to as “we”, “our”, “us”, “Skip”, or “SkipTheDishes” in these rules).
2. Contest Period. The Contest is open from December 5, 2022 until February 28, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. MST (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest will be conducted in a series of rounds as indicated below (each a “Round”). Each round starts and ends on the date indicated for that round (the “Start Date” and “End Date”, respectively). The draw for each round will be conducted on the “Draw Date” indicated for that round. Winners will receive tickets to the Edmonton Oilers hockey game on the “Game Date” indicated for that round, as further described in Section 7. All times are MST.
Round 1: starts December 5, 2022 at 12:00:01 a.m. (midnight) and ends December 31, 2022 at 11:59:59 pm. Draw Date: January 10, 2023. Game Date: January 28, 2023 at 8:00 pm MST.
Round 2: starts January 1, 2023 at 12:00:01 a.m. (midnight) and ends January 31, 2023 at 11:59:59 pm. Draw Date: February 10, 2023. Game Date: February 27, 2023 at 6:30 pm MST.
Round 3: starts February 28, 2023 at 12:00:01 a.m. (midnight) and ends January 31, 2023 at 11:59:59 pm. Draw Date: March 10, 2023. Game Date: March 30, 2023 at 7:00 pm MST.
An Entry (as defined in section 4(c)) will be deemed to have been submitted during a Round if (a) in the case of a Delivery Entry, you accepted that delivery during that Round (but only if the delivery is an eligible Delivery Entry in accordance with section 4), and (b) in the case of a Mail-In Entry, the Mail-In Entry is postmarked during that Round and received by us before the Draw Date for that Round. Check with Canada Post before submitting a Mail-In Entry to ensure that it is properly postmarked.
3. Eligibility. You are only eligible to enter the Contest if you have been fully onboarded as a courier on the SkipTheDishes Network (meaning you are able to pick up shifts in the courier app, whether or not you actually do) as of the day before the Contest starts, live in the City of Edmonton or within 80km of its municipal boundaries, and are over the age of majority in your province of residence. You are not eligible to enter the Contest if either you, any person you live with, or any member of your immediate family (for example, your spouse, common-law partner, parent, child, or sibling) is an employee, officer, director, or representative of (a) SkipTheDishes, (b) Edmonton Oilers Hockey Corp. (the “Edmonton Oilers”), or (c) any of the aforementioned parties’ affiliates or advertising or promotion agencies. We will consider the Contest entrant to be the person or entity that is the registered account holder of the Skip courier account used to enter the Contest.
4. Entry. You can enter by completing a delivery from Skip Express Lane as described below. You can also enter without completing a delivery, by following the Mail-in Entry instructions below. You have the same chances of winning, whether you choose to enter by completing a delivery or by submitting a Mail-In Entry.
a. Delivery Entry. To enter by completing a delivery, during the Contest Period, complete a delivery from any Skip Express Lane location within Edmonton while logged into your Skip courier account. Undelivered orders, orders cancelled by customers, and any order that is not completed for any other reason do not count as Entries. Subject to the entry limits in section 5, each delivery completed in accordance with these instructions and the rest of these rules is one “Delivery Entry”.
b. Mail-In Entry. To enter without completing a delivery, during the Contest Period, handwrite (1) your name, (2) your complete mailing address, (3) your email address associated with your Skip courier account, and (4) a unique and original essay of between fifty (50) to one hundred (100) words telling us what you love about living in Edmonton, on a plain piece of white paper, place in a sealed mailable envelope with no other contents, and mail (with sufficient postage) to SkipTheDishes, 7th Floor, 351 King St. E, Toronto, ON M5A 2W4, to the attention of “SEL EDMONTON COURIER CONTEST”. Subject to the entry limits in section 5, each piece of paper that we receive in compliance with the requirements of this section 4 and the rest of these rules constitutes a “Mail-in Entry”.
5. Entry Limit. There is a limit of five (5) Entries per person per Round, regardless of the entry method used. Only the first five (5) Entries that we receive from an Entrant in a Round will be counted as Entries. You may continue making deliveries from Skip Express Lane after your first five (5) Entries, but those additional deliveries will not count as Entries.
6. Selection of Winners. On the Draw Date for each Round, at our office in Toronto, we will randomly draw two (2) Entries that were submitted during that Round. We will contact the person who submitted each Entry (a “Selected Entrant”) at the email address indicated in their SkipTheDishes courier account (for Delivery Entries) or in their Mail-in Entry form (for Mail-In Entries) and ask them to solve a mathematical skill-testing question and return a completed declaration of eligibility and liability release (a “Declaration and Release”). Each Selected Entrant who successfully solves the skill-testing question, returns the completed Declaration and Release, and has complied with these rules, will be declared a winner (“Winner”) of that Round.
If we do not receive a response from a particular Selected Entrant including a correct answer to the skill-testing question and a Declaration and Release (if required) within five (5) Business Days from our first attempt at contacting them (or such shorter time as we may determine is necessary), we may void that Selected Entrant’s entry and draw a new one, repeating this process as needed until we have declared two (2) Winners for that Round in accordance with this paragraph.
7. Prizes. Each Winner will receive two (2) tickets to an Edmonton Oilers home game at Rogers Place in Edmonton, on the Game Date for the Round in which they won. The approximate retail value of each prize is $250.
The chances of winning depend on the total number of Entries that we receive. While Order Entries and Mail-In Entries each have the same chance of winning, couriers who do not reach the limit of five (5) Entries by completing five (5) Skip Express Lane orders in a month will increase their chances of winning by submitting Mail-In Entries to a maximum of five (5) total Entries. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted by Winners and Winners cannot select a different game date or change their seats. However, we reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in our sole discretion, including changing Game Dates or seats.
Winners and their guests are subject to and must comply with applicable law and with all applicable terms, conditions, rules, regulations, and policies applicable to the use of their prize, as further set out in the additional terms applicable to each prize that are set by the commercial provider of that prize. We do not provide and are not responsible for the products and services provided as part of any prizes, other than any Skip gift cards which may form part of the prize (which are subject to our Terms of Service). Except to the extent required by applicable law (and subject to our Terms of Service for Skip gift card prizes), we make no express or implied conditions or warranties of any kind with respect to any prize, including any goods or services purchased through use of a gift card. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we make no express or implied warranties as to the safety, or performance, of any services purchased or booked through the use of any prize. Winners and their guests are responsible for meeting all conditions of use of all prizes, at their own expense, including any applicable security or health and safety requirements such as security screenings, bag limitations, and any proof of vaccination, masking, or testing requirements that may apply. Expenses not expressly included are the sole responsibility of Winners. If a Winner and/or guest(s) are not able to participate in any portion of a prize, that unused portion will not be substituted for cash or in any other way.
9. Errors and Malfunctions. Neither SkipTheDishes nor any of our affiliates (collectively “Just Eat Takeaway.com” or “JET”) are responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any Internet connection, computer systems, networks, servers, software, hardware, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, nor for any delays or disruptions or anything else that prevents us from receiving an Entry within the time period required by these rules. JET is not liable to any person for any loss whatsoever (including but not limited to any failure to receive a prize) which results wholly or in part from any erroneous or misleading contact or identity information provided to us in a SkipTheDishes account or an Entry or from any purported transfer of or change made to a SkipTheDishes account. You must comply with our Terms of Service and take adequate precautions to preserve the security of your account at all times.
10. Third Party Release. This Contest is in no way conducted, sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any social media service on which it may be promoted, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. By entering this Contest, you completely release Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (solely if and to the extent that this Contest is promoted on such platforms), from all claims based on, relating to, or arising from this Contest and any other liability whatsoever in connection with this Contest.