Important: These rules include provisions that limit our liability and that may require that any dispute related to this contest be resolved individually by way of arbitration and not by way of class action or court proceeding. See paragraph 8 for more information.
1. Contest Sponsor. This contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by SkipTheDishes Restaurant Services Inc., 410-242 Hargrave Street, Winnipeg, MB R3C 0T8 (referred to as “we”, “our”, “us”, “Skip”, or “SkipTheDishes” in these rules).
a. General requirements. Two separate sets of draws will be conducted for Courier Entrants (as defined below) and Customer Entrants (as defined below).
For both sets of draws, you are only eligible to enter the Contest if you ordinarily live in Canada (including Quebec) and are over the age of majority in your province of residence, as long as neither you, any person you live with, nor any member of your immediate family (for example, your spouse, common-law partner, parent, child, or sibling) is an employee, officer, director, or representative of SkipTheDishes or its affiliates or advertising or promotion agencies.
Additionally, you must meet the specific entry requirements set out below for either Courier Entrants or Customer Entrants. If you meet both the criteria to be a Courier Entrant and the criteria to be a Customer Entrant, you may receive two separate entry emails inviting you to participate as a Courier Entrant and as a Customer Entrant. In this case, you may choose to participate as either a Courier Entrant or as a Customer Entrant, but not both, by following the entry instructions set out in only one of these entry emails.
b. Specific requirements: Couriers. To enter as a courier, you must receive the email sent by us on or around the beginning of the Contest Period described below (the “Courier Entry Email”). The Courier Entry Email is only sent to couriers who have not opted out of receiving electronic marketing communications, and who either have status as an active courier on the SkipTheDishes network or who have had that status within the preceding 12 weeks (“Courier Entrants”). Courier entrants must meet these requirements on the day before the Contest Period starts.
c. Specific requirements: Customers. To enter as a customer, you must receive the email sent by us on or around the beginning of the Contest Period described below (the “Customer Entry Email”). The Customer Entry Email is only sent to persons who meet all of the following criteria: (i) you must not have opted out of receiving electronic marketing communications from us, (ii) you must have an active customer account on Skip that has made at least one purchase in the last twelve (12) months for delivery to an address that, according to our records, is currently within the delivery zone of a Skip Express Lane location (meaning that according to our records, we can arrange for delivery to that address from that Skip Express Lane location within 25 minutes), and (iii) you must not have previously purchased from Skip Express Lane using that account (“Customer Entrants”).
3. Entry. No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
b. Customer Entrants. To enter, during the Contest Period described below, open the Customer Entry Email and locate the voucher code (the “Voucher Code”). You may then enter in one of two ways:
(i) during the Contest Period described below, use the Voucher Code when you place any order from Skip Express Lane through SkipTheDishes within Canada, while logged into your own SkipTheDishes account (an “Order Entry”). We reserve the right to disqualify Order Entries if the associated order is cancelled, not paid in full, or is not completed; or
(ii) handwrite (1) your name, (2) your complete mailing address, (3) your email address, (4) a statement confirming whether you are of the age of majority in the province where you live, (5) the Voucher Code, and (6) a unique and original essay of between fifty (50) to one hundred (100) words telling us about Skip Express Lane makes your life easier, on a plain piece of white paper, place in a sealed mailable envelope with no other contents, and mail (with sufficient postage) to SkipTheDishes, 7th Floor, 351 King St. E, Toronto, ON M5A 2W4, to the attention of “SKIP BIG 10 CELEBRATION CUSTOMER CONTEST”. Each piece of paper that we receive in compliance with the requirements of this Section 4 and the rest of these rules constitutes a “Mail-in Entry”. Mail-in Entries and Order Entries each count as one Entry.
4. Entry Limit. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person, regardless of the entry method, and you may not participate as both a Courier Entrant and as a Customer Entrant. After we receive one (1) Entry from an Entrant, we will disqualify any further Entries that we receive from the same person, without notice. We reserve the right to further disqualify any Entries at all from any person who exceeds the Entry limit, if we determine that it is necessary to do so to enforce the Entry limit (for example, to stop entrants who try to evade the measures we use to detect Entry limit violations).
5. Contest Period. The Contest is open from October 28, 2022 until November 11, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. PST (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by us during the Contest Period.
6. Selection of Winners. On November 18, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. (noon) EST, at 351 King St. E in Toronto, we will select the Contest winners, as follows:
a. Courier Entrants.
(i) We will first randomly select 3 Entries from among all Entries submitted by Courier Entrants. Each such Entry that we selected will be deemed a “Selected First Place Courier Entry”, and the person who submitted that Entry, a “Selected First Place Courier Entrant”;
(ii) We will then randomly select 20 Entries from among all remaining Entries submitted by Courier Entrants. Each such Entry that we selected will be deemed a “Selected Second Place Courier Entry”, and the person who submitted that Entry, a “Selected Second Place Courier Entrant”;
(iii) Finally, we will randomly select 35 Entries from among all remaining Entries submitted by Courier Entrants. Each such Entry that we selected will be deemed a “Selected Third Place Courier Entry”, and the person who submitted that Entry, a “Selected Third Place Courier Entrant”;
Selected First, Second, and Third Place Courier Entrants may be referred to as “Selected Courier Entrants” and the corresponding Entries as Selected Courier Entries; and
b. Customer entrants. We will randomly select 15 Entries from among all Entries submitted by Customer Entrants. Each such Entry that we selected will be deemed a “Selected Customer Entry”, and the person who submitted that Entry, a “Selected Customer Entrant”.
Selected Customer Entries and Selected Courier Entries may be referred to as “Selected Entries”, and the person who submitted that Selected Entry, a “Selected Entrant”.
c. Notification and confirmation of winners. We will contact each Selected Entrant at the email address or telephone number indicated in their Entry and ask them to solve a mathematical skill-testing question. First Place Courier Entrants, and at our discretion any other Entrants, will also be required to return a signed declaration of eligibility including a liability and publicity release (a “Declaration and Release”). Each Selected Entrant who successfully solves the skill-testing question, returns the signed Declaration and Release (if required by us) and has properly complied with these rules, will be declared a winner (a “Winner”) in the Selected First, Second, or Third Place Courier Entrant or Selected Customer Entrant class, as applicable.
If we do not receive a response from a Selected Entrant that includes a correct answer to the skill-testing question and a signed Declaration and Release (if required by us), within five (5) days from our first attempt at contacting them, we may disqualify the applicable Selected Entry and draw a new Entry to replace it, repeating this process as needed until we have finally declared as Winners a total of (and no more than) 3 Selected First Place Courier Entrants, 20 Selected Second Place Courier Entrants, 35 Selected Third Place Courier Entrants, and 15 Selected Customer Entrants, in accordance with this section. We are not required to attempt to contact more than two (2) Entrants for each prize to be awarded, so the total number of Winners that we declare may be less than this.
7. Prizes. Each Winner will receive a prize that corresponds to their status as a Selected First, Second, or Third Place Courier Entrant or as Selected Customer Entrant, as further described below:
Selected First Place Courier Entrants: $2,000 in gift cards redeemable at Red Tag toward any travel product offered on redtag.ca (3 prizes available, approximate retail value $2,000 per prize). Additional terms and conditions apply. Vist https://www.redtag.ca/terms.php for details.
Selected Second Place Courier Entrants: A $200 Mastercard gift card (20 prizes available, approximate retail value $200 per prize).
Selected Third Place Courier Entrants: A $100 Skip gift card (35 prizes available, approximate retail value $100 per prize). Winners must have a SkipTheDishes account to use Skip gift cards. Create a SkipTheDishes account for free at www.skipthedishes.com. Skip gift cards are subject to our Terms of Service.
Selected Customer Entrants: A $100 Skip gift card (15 prizes available, approximate retail value $100 per prize). Winners must have a SkipTheDishes account to use Skip gift cards. Create a SkipTheDishes account for free at www.skipthedishes.com. Skip gift cards are subject to our Terms of Service.
The chances of winning depend on the total number of Entries that we receive. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted by Winners, but we reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in our sole discretion.
Winners and their guests are subject to and must comply with applicable law and with all applicable terms, conditions, rules, regulations, and policies applicable to the use of their prize, as further set out in the additional terms applicable to each prize that are set by the commercial provider of that prize. We do not provide and are not responsible for the products and services provided as part of any prizes, other than Skip gift cards (which are subject to our Terms of Service). Except to the extent required by applicable law (and subject to our Terms of Service for Skip gift card prizes), we make no express or implied conditions or warranties of any kind with respect to any prize, including any goods or services purchased through use of a gift card. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we make no express or implied warranties as to the safety, or performance, of any services purchased or booked through the use of any prize, including any travel or travel-related services. You are responsible for meeting all conditions of travel at your own expense, which may include (i) applicable health and safety requirements such as vaccination, personal protection equipment (e.g. masks), medical testing, and quarantine/isolation requirements, (ii) customs and immigration requirements, including holding a valid passport and any required visa, and (iii) providing a major credit card at hotel check-in. Winners and their guests are responsible for obtaining any insurance which may be advisable for their travels at their own cost, including trip and cancellation insurance and travel health insurance. Expenses not expressly included are the sole responsibility of Winners. If a Winner and/or guest(s) are not able to participate in any portion of a prize, that unused portion will not be substituted for cash or in any other way.
9. Errors and Malfunctions. Neither SkipTheDishes nor any of our affiliates (collectively “Just Eat Takeaway.com” or “JET”) are responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any Internet connection, computer systems, networks, servers, software, hardware, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, nor for any delays or disruptions or anything else that prevents us from receiving an Entry within the time period required by these rules. JET is not liable to any person for any loss whatsoever (including but not limited to any failure to receive a prize) which results wholly or in part from any erroneous or misleading contact or identity information provided to us in a SkipTheDishes account or an Entry or from any purported transfer of or change made to a SkipTheDishes account. You must comply with our Terms of Service and take adequate precautions to preserve the security of your account at all times.
10. Quebec residents only. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.11.Third Party Release. This Contest is in no way conducted, sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any social media service on which it may be promoted, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. By entering this Contest, you completely release Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (solely if and to the extent that this Contest is promoted on such platforms), from all claims based on, relating to, or arising from this Contest and any other liability whatsoever in connection with this Contest.